This Policy, together with our End User Licence Agreement (EULA), apply to
1. Meetchu mobile application software, the data supplied with the software and the associated media (App);
2. any of the services accessible through the App and/or the Website (Services); and
3. www.meetchu.com (Website)
and any personal data which you may provide to us via the Website, via e-mail and/or by post.
This Policy is effective as of, 18th February 2018.
We are Chatazap Labs Limited (Chatazap). Chatazap is a registered company in England and Wales under company number 08850970 with its registered office at One Eleven Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2HJ, United Kingdom.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 Chatazap is the data controller of any personal data which we may collect from you, or which you provide to us via the Website, the App and/or the Services or by e-mail, or by post.
Protecting the privacy of young children is important to us. We do not knowingly process personal data provided by children under 16 years of age, and no part of the App, the Services and/or the Website are directed to or intended to be used by persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use the App, the Services and/or the Website. We reserve the right to deactivate the account of any user who we learn is under 18 years of age.
Data Protection and Privacy
We may collect and process data about you including, but not limited to, information you provide:
• when you contact us via the Website, by e-mail or by post;
• at the time of registering an account and signing in with your Facebook account - during registration the app will request access to receive your Facebook information; your public profile (visible to the public); your friends list (not visible to the public); your email address (not visible to the public); your relationship interests (visible to the public); Date of Birth (age visible to the public); photos (visible to the public only if you add them to your Gallery); personal description (visible to the public). Your Facebook login details are used for access to your account only and are not stored on any server;
• when you use the Services to send or receive messages (“Messages”);
• when you use the Services to send or receive images or videos (“Media”);
We will comply with the requirements of all relevant data protection legislation in force from time to time. In particular you may request a copy of any personal data held by us about you upon written application. Please note we reserve the right to charge the current maximum statutory fee for providing such information. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us immediately. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly.
We intend to manage any information learned about you in an ethical manner. We may use your personal data to:
• ensure that Content from the App and/or Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device and/or computer;
• allow you to login to your account via the App and/or the Services and view the Messages and/or Media sent and received using the Services;
• provide the Services;
• allow you to send and receive Messages and Media with other users;
• when you send or receive Messages and Media using the Services we will collect, process and store the Messages and Media on our servers. The Messages and Media will also be stored within the App’s Dedicated Document Path on the devices of the recipient to whom you have sent any Messages and Media;
• display your “last seen” information to every user of the App and/or Services who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list unless you have chosen to block that user from your friends list in the App. Last seen information reflects approximately the last time you used the App or brought the App to the foreground on your device;
• display your online status information to every user of the App and/or Services who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list unless you have chosen to block that user from your friends list in the App. You will be shown as being "online" when using the App or you have the App in the foreground on your device;
• display your “typing” status information to every user of the App and/or Services who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list unless you have chosen to block that user from your friends list in the App. Typing information reflects approximately the time you are Online and are typing a message to the recipient within that chat;
• we may share your personally identifiable information with our third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the Services;
• carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
• notify you about changes to our service;
• automatically insert your Facebook information into the registration fields during the sign up process. Information like your; Date of Birth; public profile; personal description; relationship interests.
The information which we may collect and/or process about you may include:
• Information from or concerning your mobile device;
• Your Facebook information that you have given us access to, and/or
• Any other information which you may provide to us on the Website, via e-mail and/or by post.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you, or to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others. We also have the right to disclose your identity and/or information to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website and/or the App or sent via the Services constitutes a violation of any law or right.
We will disclose Messages and Media which you send using the Services to the intended recipients.
Where we store your information
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
You can request us to permanently delete your account, which will remove your details from our servers, by emailing us at email@example.com and providing us with your name and email address associated with your account.
Security on the Server
Messages and Media are encrypted when being transferred to and from the server.
The hosting company for the App’s servers has a number of security protocols in place to keep any servers from being hacked, keeping your Content safe and secure.
Neither Chatazap Labs Limited, nor the Hosting company providing the servers, will view your private content unless a serious complaint has been made about you, or there has been a request to do so by the appropriate legal authorities.
Security on your Device
Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we implement procedures (as above) to encrypt your Content when transmitting data and secure your Content when it is held on our servers, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the App, the Services and/or the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information then, as above, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Website or through the App if a security breach occurs.
Any information you transmit to the App is transmitted at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit Messages and/or Media through the App is never recommended.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy at any time. Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. The changed Policy will be effective from when it is posted on the Website.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed:
• By post at ChataZap Labs Limited, One Eleven Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2HJ; United Kingdom;
• By email at firstname.lastname@example.org